Saturday, August 2, 2008

Organization

I found a couple sites tonite that I think I will be visiting quite often - trying to get up the nerve/ guts to actually go thru some of my stuff junk and doing some organizing before my granddaughter arrives on this earth!! I have some hidden areas that are soooo bad - My bathroom cabinets haven't been gone through in ages and they just had a challenge to go thru and organize them. I definitely need to do this. Some of the links are so great! Good ideas and helpful photos. I just wish I had someone to come over and help me do this - it's such a bear to do alone! But it's not a huge task... maybe I could tackle this.

Also I have a walk in bedroom closet - yes, you read that right. In one of our spare bedrooms I've changed it into a walk-in closet because the closet in our master bedroom is set up just so for my DH (he's in a wheelchair). And well, I have a lot of clothes.... Okay I've said it and now it's out there and so now maybe I can do something about it... It's horrible - altho it is set up nice (it's just that it's gotten out of hand - too much stuff). I have 4 bookshelf's in there and my big dresser along with a smaller one. I also have a filing cabinet in there. I have one corner set up with the wire rack system that you usually see inside of a closet. When you open the bedroom door you don't see the wire racks. you see my book shelfs, which are in the middle of the room and the clothes racks are behind them in the corner. It works great but it has now gotten out of hand. I've got tons of books (I love them!!!) and lots of clothes (I've changed sizes a lot in the past few years). And I don't know what files to keep so I've got tons of paperwork just stacked in there all over... like I said horrible! (I think I'd be waaaayyyyy too embarrassed to post a before photo but who knows??? - maybe the bathroom cabinet, that's bad enough!!)

So I've got to start somewhere and I think that the books are the first place for me & possibly the clothes. I did go thru some of them but not all - so that's where I'm at. Where are you?

Oh BTW, here's the links to the ladies who are inspiring me today:
http://controllingmychaos.blogspot.com
http://orgjunkie.com/

No comments: