Sunday, August 10, 2008

Redneck Fun

So DD and DSIL are really into Jeepin' (tho usually just 4-wheelin') and there was a Mud Bog Race in the next town over that he was racing in, so DH & I went and watched on Sunday afternoon. Lots of fun and I think that I might be taking my old Toyota 4X4 out the end of the month to see what it can do (they are going to be having a big weekend event there - 3 days of mud and sun!). There was a Toyota there that did okay. I've never played in the mud with the truck before - I've always taken her out in the sand. So this will be a new experience if we do decide to try it out!

Here's a couple shots from the day. It was a beautiful day - clear and sunny. There was no humidity - which is rare around here in the Midwest so when it happens we really enjoy it! And it actually got a little breezy so that I had to wrap a towel over my shoulders (which also got a little sun - Poor DD got more than a little :-)). This is my DD and DH getting ready to watch my DDs husband's race.

This video shows their jeep in the near lane.


Everyone was getting air coming out of this lane. Crazy!

And then this is after a race. Pretty muddy (DD: I'm not getting in there!) We had a fun day and it didn't cost much. They didn't have an area for DH to see over the big wall or a way to get up into the grandstands so they let us back into the "pit" area for the regular grandstand price. You should have seen all the 4X4's lookin' at our Monte Carlo thinkin' we were gonna mud bog it!!! Not a chance!!!

On the way home we saw this cute little squirrel - looks like he is smelling the little flower!

No comments: