Well last nite was the Gilead Ministries annual banquet and it was wonderful. We had a Christian ventriliquist (sp?), David Pendleton from Indy (& his beautiful wife Lynda came along too). He was really good and even had a little comparison between his puppets and our life without God. It was a great show! He is super nice and really good - so funny!! And we had almost 600 people there. One of our highest turnouts! I didn't yet hear today if the giving was one of the highest also but even if it wasn't, to God be the Glory cas our little ole town is not doing so great. I know lots of people are hurting in these tough times but apparently our town is one of the Forbes worst towns in the USA. (We've lost a lot of factories in the last ten yrs or so and are losing another one in the next few months.) So sad... But the city always seem to try so hard to help out Gilead. Our friends of Gilead really know that they are helping people when they really need it.
I didn't get down to the Gilead office today cas .... BOOHOO, I got my first virus ever in my main computer (almost 10 yrs online). I should have known that something was up (my Zone Alarm was acting hinky) and I did something really stupid - I did a reboot cas it was running slow and I had uploaded all the pix from the banquet before it crashed, so now no pictures til I figure out my machine!!! It's doing the login/logoff thing - not letting me get into the machine. I've started the process of searching the net for the fix. (I do have a laptop and can at least try and find the problem online with it but it is a hassle.)
I have spybot on it and apparently it's something that they have known about but haven't really told their users about... oh well live and learn! Plus I hate reading my email anywhere else but on my regular machine.... I may have to just bite the bullet tho with that! I'm 'jones' for my email!!
Hope your day is better than mine,
No comments:
Post a Comment