Thursday, July 31, 2008

Exxon Earnings Insanity & Border Books Savings & Walgreens $5/$20

Did anyone else see the crazy earnings report of Exxon's that CNN had up online today (short-time headline)? $1500 a second? YES, a second!! That's $90,000 a minute!!!!!! And we're paying 3.88 a gallon?!? I just don't understand how they can make this kind of money and still charge such high prices... I've read articles about it and I still don't understand it - the amounts just boggle the mind! Okay, I'll stop venting now.....

So on to fun stuff! I found a great deal over at http://moneysavingmethods.blogspot.com/ about Border Books latest promotion. You get $5 off each book - Yes that's each book you order and if you have a borders near you you just have it shipped to store so that there's no shipping charge. Just pick what books you want - I went to the under $10 section, picked some, and I then picked one book that's over $6.00 because your total has to be over $1.00 at the end. So you'll get some great books for less than a couple bucks or if you want to get more you can get some great deals!! Go to her site for exact details how to do it - it's super easy!!

Have you been checking out my "Mail Call" section? I go to MySavings.com and look for great samples that you can request from all over. They are really good (no selling of your email addy and good samples) at finding a great range of items. Most items that I sign-up for come in about a week and lots of times they come with coupons with the items!

Addition:
Just found out Wags (Walgreens) is having their $5 off of $20 just for today!! http://www.walgreens.com/hotbuys/default.jsp?ec=hn571_getcoupon
to get yours!! I don't do Wags often enough to know what good deals they have but I did see that they have a good deal on photos this week: buy 25 and get 25 free - that'd prolly eat up 10 bucks right there. So you just have to figure out some other items you might need - like school supplies? They have got tons and tons for cheap!!!

No comments: